I have been a custom apparel designer since 1996. I have seen trends come and go, colors, patterns, cuts and event no-stitch seams.
The latest 2009 trends in cycling kits include:
- Latest colors: orange, teal and yellow combo see Lance's team's jerseys
- Design trends: Main sponsor logo angled from shoulder to bottom of jersey instead of straight across chest
- Attention to details: I like to put a saying inside the collar that is an inside joke to the team
- "texture" graphics to unused areas, like along the sleeve under the arm, lower rear panel, logo placed just under back of collar.
- Short run times. You can get it in less than 2 weeks
- Small orders, Many companies are offering 1 custom jersey.
- Printing on purchased jersey via bike store or online. I have worked with individual who want to add their own graphic or team name to existing white performance shirt.
- Add individual last names to back of jersey
Contact the Auer Agency for jersey samples or for quote. It's not as expensive as you think.
Mariellen Auer, Owner and designer extraordinaire
Auer Agency, LLC