Friday, October 29, 2010

Redesign Charlotte Sports Network logo

Auer Agency | Charlotte, NC | 704.236.0568 | mariellen@aueragency.com


As Charlotte's newest networking group starts to form, Charlotte Sports Network, I decided to give it a new look. In January 2009, I launched CSN on LinkedIn, so far we have about 150 members and growing everyday. I created a logo then, but now that we have decided to make this a monthly networking group, I redesigned the logo and I think it captures the spirit of the group.
I kept the fresh colors, but decided to go with CSN as the main logo with the name of the group secondary. The arrows depict the idea of different sports professionals coming together in one place to do business and forge strong relationships.

If any of this sounds familiar, I used to also host the Charlotte Sports Scene socials that began in 2002 at the Sunset Club. That group, was focused on evening socials twice a year.

I'm very excited as I talk to more and more sports industry professionals everyday about starting this group formally. I am forming a team of people to help me launch and all the responsibilities it takes to put something like this together.

My goal is to have our first meeting in February. As I look at forming my team, I'm also taking into consideration where most of the members work so that our meeting location will be convenient as well as a good time of day. 

The focus of the group, is to network, that's the most important element. In today's economic hardship, relationships and most importantly friendships are the anchor for gaining new business. With social media marketing on the rise, what people say about you on facebook or their blog, matters personally and professionally.

I think meeting monthly as well as having the format be focused on networking will be a key element. As gatekeeper, I have been very selective in who gets to join as well. I want to maintain a high level of value to its members. They are investing their time and money as well. They want to see results.

So with that said, I hope 2011 will be a one of hope and fortune. With like minded people behind me, this can only be a success!



No comments: